1829-1831
 
An Act of parliament in 1823 made provision for church and manse buildings to be erected in certain parts of the Highlands and Islands. These were called "Parliamentary Churches." Under the influence of Mrs Mackenzie, heiress of the last Earl of Seaforth, two parliamentary churches were established in Lewis, one in Ness and the other in Knock, in the Eye Peninsula, or "Point" as it is now usually referred to. ​The church building cost £750 to build and the manse £700.
 
Rev Robert Finlayson, a native of Latheron in Caithness, was ordained and inducted as the first minister in 1929.
 
 
1831-1843
 
Rev. Duncan matheson a native of Plockton, was inducted to the congregation in 1831 and was minister till 1843. In 1833 the parish was disjoined from Stornoway and declared a quoad sacra parish (ie having ecclesiastical functions but no local government functions).
 
​Mr Matheson was a member of the General Assembly of 1843 from which over 200 ministers, including Mr Matheson, left to form the Free Church of Scotland. Most of the congregation in Knock aligned themselves with the Free Church thus becoming known as Knock Free Church.